Espresso Coaster Wheelset - White 43mm Deep V Wheels
- ESPRESSO COASTER BRAKE DEEP V ALLOY WHEEL SET NEW / UN-USED / SIZE: 700c
- large flange black alloy Joytech track style hub on front wheel, and black coaster brake hub on rear
- 43mm deep profile double wall powdercoated rims Front Machined Rear Non Machined
- 32 stainless spokes
- 16T sprocket included on rear coaster brake hub
- includes front and rear wheel with rim tape and track nuts
- Brand new in individually sealed and secured carton
- Rear weight 1.7kg, hub width: 120mm
Front weight 1.3kg, hub width: 100mm A coaster brake wheel has one forward gear, you can coast along without pedaling, and if you step back on the pedals you activate the brake and the bike comes to a stop.
- they combine the clean minimal cableless appearance of fixed gear bikes with the added functionality of being able to coast along (so you dont need to pedal while descending a hill).
- they're quiet. No clunking, clicking, freewheel or cassette noise.
- they're safer. The mechanical braking advantage puts less stress on your knees.
- they're comfortable. You can run any big, flat pedal without pedalstrike or straps, allowing more comfortable riding and shoe choice.
- the hubs are sealed so they're protected from the elements and thus perform well in rain or snow.
- brake should be varied on and off for long descents, to avoid overheating
- they may need to be repacked with grease every few years.
- they ain?t light weight cos they're combining your wheels with your brakes.
- A coaster brake can only be applied when the cranks are reasonably level, takes a bit of getting used to.
- As coaster brakes are only made for rear wheels, they have the disadvantage common to all rear brakes of skidding the wheel easily.
We Also Recommend